Know about Diabetes – Best Diabetes Doctor in Bilaspur
According to World Health Organization (WHO), Diabetes will be the 7th leading cause of death by 2030. There are more than 6 Crore diabetes cases in India, representing 49% of the world’s diabetes problem. Diabetes accounts for roughly 2% of death annually in India. Despite these facts, a large number of people are unaware of this. Let’s know more know diabetes, what causes it and what we can do to treat it from Best Diabetes Doctor in Bilaspur.
Types of Diabetes – Best Diabetes Doctor in Bilaspur
- Type 1 Diabetes: According to Best Diabetes Doctor in Bilaspur type 1 diabetes is believed to be an autoimmune condition. This means your immune system mistakenly attacks and destroys the beta cells in your pancreas that produce insulin. The damage is permanent.
What prompts the attacks isn’t clear. There may be both genetic and environmental reasons. Lifestyle factors aren’t thought to play a role
- Type 2 Diabetes: Type 2 diabetes starts as insulin resistance. This means your body can’t use insulin efficiently. That stimulates your pancreas to produce more insulin until it can no longer keep up with demand. Insulin production decreases, which leads to high blood sugar as per the view of the Best Diabetes Doctor in Bilaspur
The exact cause of type 2 diabetes is unknown. Contributing factors may include:
- Lack of exercise
- Being overweight
There may also be other health factors and environmental reasons.
- Gestational Diabetes: Gestational diabetes is due to insulin-blocking hormones produced during pregnancy. This type of diabetes only occurs during pregnancy.
Causes – Best Diabetes Doctor in Bilaspur
- Change in Lifestyle and Rapid Urbanization
- Tobacco & Alcohol
Symptoms of Diabetes
General symptoms of diabetes include:-
- excessive thirst and hunger
- frequent urination
- drowsiness or fatigue
- dry, itchy skin
- blurry vision
- slow-healing wounds
Treatment Options :
The major goal in treating type 1 and type 2 diabetes is to control blood sugar (glucose) levels within the normal range, with minimal excursions to low or high levels.
Type 1 diabetes is treated with:-
- exercise, and a
- type 1 diabetes diet.
Type 2 diabetes is treated:-
- First with weight reduction, a type 2 diabetes diet, and exercise
- Diabetes medications (oral or injected) are prescribed when these measures fail to control the elevated blood sugars of type 2 diabetes.
- If other medications become ineffective treatment with insulin may be initiated.
Still have doubts? Book an online consultation call with Dr. Ashish Agrawal Today.